Friday, June 24, 2005

No one believes me!

I guess I am just not the "cheerleader" type! My daughter and my neice and people who didn't know me then just CANNOT fathom that I was a cheerleader in junior high. (in fact I was captain in 8th grade!) Not only that, but I was pretty good and I loved every minute of it, even the practices. Our team was the St. John's Tigers and our colors were green and gold. It was the 80's though, so our skirts were white and our sweaters were green and gold striped. Ours was a very small private school and those sweaters were OLD....very heavy wool for football season, but we only cheered during basketball season. We wore white Tretorns with a gold stripe. We also did a pom pom routine for each halftime break, which was the best part of each game, we actually had the full attention of the crowd. I do not have a single picture of me cheering; I'm thinking of trying to contact some of the other cheerleaders, but it would be kind of awkward after all these years. I still have my medals anyway!

No comments: