Monday, June 20, 2005

Needed a few days off

I just couldn't face writing down any of the crap that has happened in the last few days and I still can't.

Instead, I will remember that I only have two weeks left with my big kids. They leave for a four week visit with their dad on July 2. Part of me enjoys the break (especially from the high grocery bills with two teens!) but I mostly worry. Nobody can take care of their kids like their own mom. I will miss my lovely daughter, who is always on my side, even when I'm being irrational. I will constantly hope that this isn't the visit that turns my son into a "man" who doesn't need his mommy anymore. I dread putting them on a plane by themselves. I wish I had planned something fun for BEFORE they go, but we already have a trip planned for August, so there is no vacation time until then.

Two weeks seems very, very soon.

No comments: