Friday, March 13, 2009

No Bandwidth will be Sacrificed today

After the last few days, I will have mercy on my two readers and skip the photos and videos.

We just finished dinner and we had my latest food craving, Hash Brown Casserole. Thanks to all the LDS on Two Peas in a Bucket, a Scrapbooking website that I frequently visit, I tried this recipe this past summer and now we have it about once a week. It's probably horribly bad for you and I hope that I get sick of it soon.

Hash Brown Casserole

One 2lb. package frozen hash browns, thawed (the thawing takes quite a while)
1/2 c. butter softened
1 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. pepper
1/2 c. chopped onion
One can cream of chicken soup (I use the reduced sodium kind)
2 c. shredded cheddar cheese

-preheat oven to 350 degrees
-spray or butter a 9x13 baking pan(I usually use the stick of butter from the recipe)
-mix all ingredients in a large bowl and spread into pan
-bake uncovered for 35 minutes (at my elevation it usually takes a bit longer and I turn on the broiler for a few minutes to brown the top)

No comments: