Monday, August 18, 2008

Gold's Gym Rocks!

At the end of June, Brian and I joined Gold's Gym. The first two weeks were pretty hard, we both stuck to the treadmill. Brian's heart race reached some scary levels and every workout made me really dizzy and nauseous. We hung in there though and we get there at least twice a week, usually 3 times.

We are a little dismayed that of the 7 channels of TV to watch, one of the constants is Fox News. It's hard to look away from that train wreck.

I have graduated from the treadmill to the elliptical, doing 2.25 miles in 30 minutes. No more dizziness for me and Brian's heart rates are in normal range now. Brian has lost weight, but mine hasn't changed significantly. I'm afraid that I might be one of those fit but fat people unless I go on some kind of meal plan. I hope it's too soon to worry about that and since I'm still breastfeeding, there isn't too much I want to do about it at this point.

I'm ready to test out my new fitness level with a bike ride or something. We live in the foothills and have some crazy streets, so it will probably still kick my ass, but I'm still curious to try.

No comments: