Tuesday, January 23, 2007

You know you're getting older when...

it takes some work just to look regular-acceptable-humanish.

Here's what I mean. I am getting ready for the day. I look in the mirror after brushing my teeth, brushing my hair, putting on some moisturizer and am dressed and I think ACK! Too Scary! Even for just taking Harry to school and maybe running to the store.

So, I put on my BE, AND eyeshadow, AND eyeliner, AND mascara, AND my eyebrows (I have invisible brows-why can't my hair be that blonde? not fair) and at that point, I feel like I look "normal."

I think I can see why older women tend to have hair that gets shorter and shorter. If you've got to put on your 'face' every damn day, who has time for futzing with hair?

Now I just need some elastic waist pants and slip on shoes.

No comments: