Friday, October 07, 2005

The tacky stuff I notice.

I don't know why, but on my drive home, I drive past a semi-rural neighborhood that actually gets to have the curbside mailboxes. How quaint, right? Anyway, there is one that just make me "tsk" everyday. It is white with heart-shaped flags on it and silhouettes of desert quail running across the top. I don't get the whole make a flag into another shape thing and c'mon desert quail are so damn ugly and really stupid to boot. I mean, they take their whole brood (which can be DOZENS) running across the road and unlike ducks, they don't even go in a straight line in a calm manner....the dumb quail zig zag across the road like they are blind and their feet are on fire. I kind of like thinking of them as coyote chow.

1 comment:

Karen (Cupcake) Carter said...

You have a dark side, my friend. I don't think I really knew that about you. My tacky pet peeve is those dang flags with birthday cakes or tigger on them. Grrrr! I can't stand those things and sadly all of my neighbors seem to adore them.